Sometimes, you'd like the amount on a donation page to appear first. Use this article to do that.
The solution is composed of two parts. The first part only needs to be done once. The second part is repeated for donation pages where you'd like the amount to appear first.
Part 1: Install the script that moves the amount.
If you have more than one template used by donation pages, then this step must be repeated for each of those templates. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit the template used by a donation page. Click here if you need help getting started with that.
- Use the editor's search tool to find the
- Insert a blank link just before the
- Click here to view the page where the solution lives.
- When the page appears, click the
Rawbutton that appears in the content header.
- A new window will appear that contains only the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window, then close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
Part 2: Enable the script.
Use this step to enable the script in your donation page(s). If you have more than one donation page, then you'll need to repeat this step for each donation page. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit a donation page.
- Click on the
- Locate the
Pre Submit Footerfield.
- If there's already something in the
Pre Submit Footer, then scroll down past the current content.
- Insert a blank line into the
Pre Submit Footer(either after the current contents or at the top.)
- Copy this text:
- Paste the text into the blank line in the
Pre Submit Footer.
- Save the donation page
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template.
donate_page_KEYof a donation page that uses the modified template.
- A screenshot, if possible.
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.