When a donor forgets to provide a required field in a donation page, the result is a truly ugly set of error messages.
This article provides some tools that will transform the ugly error block into something a lot easier to read and use. When we're done, the error messages will look like this.
The best part is that you can use CSS (style) rules to change the way everything looks.
- Edit the template for the donation page(s).
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line before the
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Locate and click on the 'Raw 'button. A window containing just the solution will appear.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
- Test by opening a donation that that uses the template that you just modified. Click the
Submitbutton and the error messages should look like the second image (above).
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
donate_page_KEYof a donation page that uses the template
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.