If you would like to add Facebook OpenGraph tags to your template Right Now, then this is the article for you. Quick, brief and immediate satisfaction.
If you would like to know more about using OpenGraph tabs and how to manage them in your Salsa HQ, then please click here.
Before you begin
This procedure modifies the template used by your page. If you would rather not have the same information in Facebook for all of your pages, then please make a copy of the page's template and modify that.
- Edit the template for the page that you would like to share on Facebook. Reminder: This template will insert the same OpenGraph tags into every page that uses it.
- Locate the
<head>tag. Insert a blank line just after the
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Click on the Raw button. A new window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the contents into the newly inserted line.
- Modify the
contentportions of each of the meta tags. You'll find some brief but excellent advice here
- Save the template.
If you have questions, then please gather this information
Your chapter_KEY if you are in a chapter
template_KEYwhere you are working
- A screenshot of the Facebook results after the page URL is pasted in as a comment. (important!)
Send this information to us on firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.