Optional groups are the way that supporters let you know what interest areas for which they would like to receive messages. Optional group are configured in the Supporter Info tab when you're editing a signup page.
When Salsa displays these groups, they appear in the order that they were created in the database.
If that order won't work for you, and you'd like to show optional groups in a different order, then read on!
Get group names
The first task is to get the list of group names so that you can put them into the correct order. Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit the signup page. Click here to learn more about signup pages.
- Click on the Supporter Info tab.
- Scroll down until you locate the optional groups selector. The groups that you selected will look something like this:
- Record all of the optional group names.
- Put them into a single line the order that you want.
- Separate the groups with commas and (optionally) spaces.
- Save the list somewhere -- we'll use it later.
Here's an example -- I'd like the "Owners" group to be just after "Vendors".
Everyone, Vendors, Owners, Weekly Mule-O-Gram, Monthly Mule-O-Gram
- Edit the template used by your signup page. Click here if you'd like to create a copy of a template to use just for this signup page.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click here to see the page where the solution script lives.
- Click on the
Rawbutton. A new window will appear that contains just the script.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
The last task is to replace the sample groups name list with your group names. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Locate this text in the template.
<div id="order-groups-names" style="display: none;">
Everything, Vendors, Owners,Monthly Mule-O-Gram,Weekly Mule-O-Gram
- Observe that there are group names between the <div> and </div> tags.
- Replace the current list of group names with your list. Be careful not to change the
- Save the template.
- If you created a new template, then assign it to the signup page. Click here to learn more about assigning templates to pages.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information
chapter KEYif you are in a chapter of another organization
- The template_KEY for the modified template
signup_page_KEYof a signup page that uses the template. You can find this in the browser's address bar when you are editing the page.
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.