The first window in the creation of every Activity enables you to add "Basics" information, such as a name and description for the given Activity. This information is for your internal reference use only and will enable you and your team to identify the Activity at a later time. This This section documents the "Basics" screen for all Activities.
After you have selected an Activity, you'll be prompted to enter "Basics" information about the activity.
1. The Basics tab is selected by default. Fill out the following fields (as applicable):
- Name this [activity] form - This is used only internally in the the list of available forms, so feel free to use any name that will help you and the other campaign managers on the account to differentiate this form from all of the others in a list of forms. This field is required.
- Add a description - This information isn’t required but can be helpful in the future for figuring out which forms do what. This is also used only internally.
- Event Details -(Event and Peer-to-Peer Event Activities) This includes the publicly visible name of the event, it's start and stop dates and times, and the timezone of the event.
- Is this event online-only? (Peer-to-Peer Event Activities) - If you select Yes, the Event Locations field will disappear.
- Event Location (Event and Peer-to-Peer Event Activities) - This where the event will take place.
- Will this event allow teams? (Peer-to-Peer Event Activities) - Select Yes if you want to enable supporters to add teams. See Peer to Peer Events for more information.
- Will you require fundraisers to sign a waiver? (Peer-to-Peer Event Activities) - Select Yes if you want your supporters to sign a waver for the event. The waver Text windows well appear to enable you to enter your waver content.
- Tracking Donations in Salsa CRM (Fundraising, Events, and Peer-to-Peer Activities)- This enables you to set the Fund, Campaign, and OR Appeal that will be assigned to donations processed through this form.
2. Click the Next... >> button at the bottom-right of the window. The next window for the activity will open.