A client needed a donation page to track donations received during an canvassing campaign. They were accepting cash and checks. They were not accepting credit cards. If this sounds like something that will help your campaign, then read on!
There are two parts to this solution.
The first part is to make sure that the donation page does not remember who the last donor was. Salsa does that automatically, and that can be a true pain when you just need an empty page to fill out. Please use this article to remove the "Welcome Back" message.
The second part is to add a script to the donation page that fills in the credit card information with Salsa's test credit card number. You can do that by following these steps:
- Edit the donation page.
- Click on the "Optional Text" tab.
- Locate the "Pre Submit Footer" field.
- Insert an empty line into the "Pre Submit Footer" field after any other contents.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Click the Raw button. A new window containing just the solution will appear.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the donation page editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the "Pre Submit Footer" field.
- Save the donation page.
When you test the donation page, you'll see that the credit card information that would normally look like this:
now looks like this:
When you view the donation, it will be registered as a "Testing" donation:
Either "Cash" or "Check" will appear in the Batch Code field. If "Check" appears in the Batch Code Field, then the Notes field will contain the check number (if it was recorded).
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
donate_page_KEYof the modified donation page
- A screenshot
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.