How would you like to present your donors with a page that has all of their personal information already filled in? No more typing in names and addresses and phone numbers.
Like that? Read on!
The solution is to add a script to the templates for your donation pages. If you have several templates for donation pages, then you'll need to do this for each one. Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit the template. Click here if you need help getting started with that.
- Use the browser search tool to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert a blank line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Click the "Raw" button. A window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
The solution will fill in the fields on your donation page when a supporter_KEY appears in the URL. If there's not a supporter_KEY, then the donor will have to fill in the page just like before.
The most common use case is to provide a link to the donation page in an email blast. The link URL contains a merge field for the supporter_KEY:
Salsa will replace
[[supporter_KEY]] with the supporter key of the supporter that receives the email. When the supporter clicks on the link, the donation page will appear with the supporter's information already filled in.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
donate_page_KEYof a donation page that uses the template
supporter_KEYfrom a supporter in your database
- A screenshot
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.