Salsa Engage enables you to import data from CSV files containing donation information.
NOTE: this functionality is only available when Salsa Engage is used independently. If Salsa CRM is integrated, then this functionality is deprecated in favor of importing donations into Salsa CRM with the Advanced Import module. If you have any questions, please review this article on how to import Transactions via the Salsa CRM Advanced Import Tool or contact our Support team.
Step 1: Getting Started
Click Transactions along the left-hand side of the window, and then click Manage Your Imports tab. The Import Your Donations window will open. It features a list of previous imports and, to the right, the + Import List of Donations button.
Step 2: Name Your Import and Upload Your Import File
- Click the + Import List of Donations button. The Setup window will open.
- Name your import.
- Add a description.
- Click the Browse for File button to find the file that you want to upload, and upload it. Note: When you are importing fields that contain a date and time, timezone should be included to guarantee proper conversion. Without timezone information, the time will be interpreted by Salsa Engage as GMT.
- Once the file is uploaded, click the Next: Import Settings >> button to the bottom right of the screen. The Map Fields window will open.
Step 3: Map Fields
Salsa Engage will automatically map any fields that it recognizes in the header of the file that you upload. You will use the controls on the Map Fields screen to map any fields that Salsa Engage did not map automatically.
The main table on the screen is divided down the middle into two parts. The fields from your uploaded file, for each record, are listed to the left. Salsa Engage default fields are listed to the right.
- Ensure that the row number is correct in the My data starts on row field.
- Use the Preview now control to select the record that you want to use to map fields from your uploaded file to Salsa Engage default fields.
- In the Salsa Fields column, map each un-mapped row by using the pull down control to the far right of each row. Use Do not import for any fields in your uploaded file that do not match the Salsa Engage default fields.
- Click Next: Import Settings >> to advance to the next screen. The Import Your Donations window will open.
Step 4: Find Duplicates and Start the Import
- Select an option for how you want Salsa Engage to handle duplicates. A duplicate is a record that has the same transaction ID as a record that has already been imported.
- Run your import now or schedule it to run at a later time.
- Click I'm Done! >>. Salsa Engage will import the donation records from the file that you uploaded and report results when it is finished.