Store credit card information in PCI-compliant fashion on the Donations node of the Constituent record.
- On the proper constituent record, click the Donations node > Credit Cards tab.
- Click the Authorize New Card button.
- The Process Credit Card pop-up opens. Enter the Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Security Code, and an optional Card Note.
Caution: Make sure you enter a correct expiration date. The default date is probably not correct. If the expiration date is incorrect, the card will not work.
- Click the Authorize Credit Card button.
NOTE: this button should not say TEST MODE. If it does say TEST MODE, then your merchant account configuration is not correct.
Once the card is authorized, the information will appear in the Credit Cards tab window. It will be available when entering donations, pledges, recurring donations, through events check-out, etc.
NOTE: Once stored, a card authorization cannot be modified. For instance, if the card was authorized with the wrong mailing address, delete the card authorization and re-enter.
Change the Credit Card of a Recurring Donation
Sometimes a credit card that is authorized for a recurring donation becomes unusable. For instance, the card has been compromised and the account was closed. Perhaps the donor simply wishes to change the card being charged for their recurring donation.
- On the proper constituent record, click the Donations node.
- Search the Donation History for the appropriate Donation record with the Recurring Donation Type.
- Double-click the row to edit the record.
- In the top right corner of the Donation record, select the Details button.
- In the top right corner of that screen, select the New button to authorize a new credit card, using the instructions above.