Donation pages submit their data to Salsa exactly as the supporter typed it in. If any of the required fields are missing, then Salsa returns with an error dialog like this:
Wouldn't it be a lot better if the missing fields were highlighted immediately and the donor would not have to wait to get the ugly error message?
If that is something that you'd like to have on your donation page, then read on!
The solution is to add a script and some CSS (style) declarations to templates that are assigned to donation pages. Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit a template used by donation pages. Click here if you need help gettting started with that.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert a blank line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Find and click the "Raw" button. A new window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
A donate_page_KEYfor a page that uses the modified template
- A screenshot
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.