How would you like to have a useful version of the current date appear in autoresponses? Not the Salsa standard version
But something nice
June 12, 2017
Like that? Read on!
The solution is to add a script to your template(s) that will add an alternative version of the current date to your pages. Then you add one line to any page that needs the pretty version of the date in an autoresponse.
Install in a template
The first step is to install the solution into a template. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit the template.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert a blank line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Locate and click the "Raw" button. A new window will appear with just the solution. Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
Configure a page
The script that we just installed looks for an HTML tag in any page that the template uses. If the HTML tag is in the page, then the script stores the fancy date in the HTML tag.
Here is the HTML that the script is looking for:
That HTML needs to be pasted into your page. Copy the line of HTML, then use this table to determine the field that needs to hold the HTML.
|Page type||Click this tab||Locate this field|
|Donation page||Optional Text||Pre Submit Footer|
|Signup page||Other Text||Content before the Submit button|
|Blind Targeted Action||Description||Footer|
|Targeted Action||(Not applicable)|
- If there is a "Source" button on the field, then click that.
- Scroll down past the other contents in the field.
- Paste the copied HTML
- Save your work.
Use in the Autoresponse
You can add the fancy current date into the autoresponse as a merge field. The merge field name is "alt_current_date".
A donor will see an email that looks like this:
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
- The URL of a page that uses the template
- A screenshot of the page, if possible.
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.