Salsa provides translations for your page contents via the Internationalization package. The same package automatically provides translations for prompts and labels on pages. If you view a donation page with Spanish translations, however, you'll see that some of the phrases still appear in English.
We've reported these missing phrases to our developers and asked then to provide translations. This article describes a workaround that will provide those missing translations while our developers work.
The solution is to install a script in your templates that are used by pages translated into Spanish. The script knows that the page is in Spanish because the language identifier '/l/spa/' appears in the page URL. When the script sees '/l/spa/', then it knows that some phrases need to be translated to Spanish.
Please note: This script will not work if page does not have '/l/spa/' in the URL.
The script needs to be installed into any template that's assigned to a page that can appear in Spanish. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit a template. Click here if you need help getting started with that.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert a blank line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- Locate and click the "Raw" button. A new window will open that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
My sincere thanks to Alba Sanchez at Women's Link Worldwide for pointing out that there's still English on Spanish-language donation pages and for providing the much-needed translations. Click the link! Explore their site! Maybe you can help them in their work.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information
chapter KEYif you are in a chapter of another organization
template_KEYof the modified template
- The URL of a page that uses the modified template
Send all of this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.