When you enable third-party tracking, you will be able to your third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to track the performance of your Salsa Engage forms.
To configure third-party analytics for Salsa Engage, you'll need a tracking code snipped from your third-party analytics provider. This is the same tracking code that you would use if you were manually creating an HTML page that you wanted to track. For your convenience, the following link will bring you to Google's Analytics help page: https://support.google.com/analytics/#topic=3544906. If you need addition help with Google Analytics, please contact Google.
Note: Before you add a script from Google Analytics, you need to create a new property in Google Analytics for your Salsa vanity domain. Click here to see Google's help for setting up properties:
Once you enable third-party tracking, you'll have the option to enable tracking on any Salsa Engage Activity.
- Get a tracking code snippet from your thrid-party analytics provider.
- In Salsa engage, click the Settings icon , Switch to... > Third-Party Tracking.
- Use the Choose a type field to select the type of third-party tracking that you want to enable.
- In the Name this tracking script field, enter that name that you want to use to identify the script in Salsa Engage.
- In the Description field, enter a description that will remind you why you've implemented tracking.
- In the Tracking Script Code field, paste the tracking code snippet that you got from your third-party tracking provider.
- Click Save. You now have the option to enable third-party tracking for any new Salsa Engage Activity. You'll be given this option on the Compose step of any Activity. To enable third-party tracking for an already published activity, open the activity, select the Compose tab, enable Third-Party Tracking, and then republish the Activity.