There's a link in the recurring donation option that shows the fine print about recurring donations.
A donor that clicks that link should see this dialog box.
But -- if the donor is on a page that has a short URL, clicking that link shows a "Page not found" message.
If you're seeing this on one of your donation pages with a short URL, then there's a workaround that you can use to make the current dialog appear. Interested? Read on!
We've reported this issue to Salsa's developers and asked them for a solution. While they work on that, there is a workaround -- install a script in the templates that support donation pages. That script locates the invalid URL and replaces it with a new one.
The solution is to add a script to the template(s) that are assigned to your donation pages. Here are some steps that that you can use.
- Edit a template. Click here if you need help getting started.
- Locate the
</body>tag using the browser search tool.
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click here to see the solution.
- Locate and click on the "
Raw"button. A window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
donate_page_KEY(or URL) of a donation page that uses the template
- A screenshot of the page, if possible.
Send this information to email@example.com and we'll be glad to help.