Have you configured a petition to collect comments only to have it display a blank box at the bottom of the petition?
If so, then read on for a way to add a label to that box.
A template can be configured to collect a comment as well as a signature. Adding a comment box is done on the "Signatures" page when you are editing the template.
Probably the best way to add a label to the comment box is to use a script. The script needs to be installed in all templates that are used by petitions that collect comments. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit a template used by petitions.
- Use the browser's search tools to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert a blank line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the script lives.
- Locate and click the "Raw" button. A new window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
- Test by viewing a petition with a comment. A label appears where it did not before.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information
chapter KEYif you are in a chapter of another organization
template_KEYof the modified template
- The action_KEY of a petition that uses the modified template and expects to collect comments.
Send all of this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.