When to use it
The Profile Manager allows your supporters to securely log in to Salsa and edit their own profile information (to update their address or email, for example). The Profile Manager is enabled by default, but it is entirely optional to make it publicly accessible to your supporters. Making the profile manager accessible to Supporters means that supporters can edit their own data in your database, so you're giving up some control of your records. What you gain in return is the ability for Supporters to manage their own group memberships, event attendance, donation, and action history all in one place.
How to get there
The easiest way to locate the URL for the Profile Manager is to log into the Salsa HQ and look for the Useful Links section on the dashboard. The URL is always available - you can decide whether or not you want to publish it to your Supporters.
Supporter Login to the Profile Manager
When Supporters click on the Profile Manager link you have published, they will see a login screen like this:
Supporters have three options on the login screen:
- Login now - if they know their email address and password (and have logged in before), simply enter the credentials and proceed
- Forgot your password? - If they've logged in to their Profile Manager before, but have forgotten their credentials, they can simply click this link
- Not signed up yet?
Features of Profile Manager
The first two features of the Profile Manage (Search for events and Group Membership) are found on the home page of the Profile Manager.
Search for events
Supporters enter a zip code to search for Salsa events in their location.
Display public groups so that Supporters can manage their own group memberships.
- Make groups visible in the Profile Manager by selecting the group name in the Manage Groups section of the Supporter Package
- and then checking the Display to User checkbox on the Information tab of the Group workflow
- Supporters will see these public groups and be able to join or "un-join" them.
The Your Profile tab allows supporters to edit their own supporter record including:
- Core supporter address information from the Salsa supporter table
- Public custom fields (those marked as display to supporters in the custom fields manager).
This tab shows a list of all Salsa events that the supporter is affiliated with including:
- Events the Supporter has signed up to attend
- Distributed Events for which the Supporter is the host
- Upcoming events near the Supporter's zip code
- Past events the Supporter has attended
Donations & Fundraising
Shows a history of donations received from the supporter. Also shows, if available, peer-to-peer personal fundraising pages created by the supporter, with direct links to edit that page. Supporters are also able to see any storefront purchases and the current status on the item they purchased
Shows instances of actions, campaigns, petitions, and letters to the editor acted upon by the supporter.