Inserting the Google Analytics (GA) script(s) into your template can track link clicks. Inserting a GA script into your donation page can show when donors attemplt donations. The best way to record successful donations in GA is to install a script into the thank you page that follows a donation. That's because the thank you page only appears for successful donations, and the donations that get there should be recorded in GA.
Here are some steps that you can use to install the GA code and configure it to pass donations to eCommerce.
- Edit a template used by thank you pages that follow donation pages. (If there are more than one then you'll need to repeat this process for each template.)
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- When the page appears, click on the
Rawbutton. A window will appear that only contains the solution.
- Copy the contents of the page and close the window.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in Salsa.
- Configure the script
YOUR_DOMAINwith the domain of our website (for example
YOUR_GA_KEYwith your Google Analytics key (for example,
- Save the page.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
thank_you_KEYof a thank you page that uses the template
- The URL of a donation page that uses the thank you page
- A screenshot of the page, if possible.
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help