Many times, you or someone on your staff would like to be notified when a donation is made. If you'd like to have a message in your inbox when that happens, then read on!
The solution is to configure your donation page to send an autoresponse to you or your staff. Autoresponses are the messages that Salsa sends automatically after a successful donation. Typically, these are thank you or receipt messages. By adding an autoresponse to the donatio npage, Salsa can send an autoresponse to you or your staff as well.
Here are some steps that you can use.
- Edit the donation page.
- Click on the
- Click on the
Add a new responsebutton. A new autoresponse will be added.
- Click on the triangle on the left-hand side of the new autoresponse. An autoresponse configuration form will appear.
- Change the
Individual Email. A
Target Emailfield will appear.
Target Emailfield needs to contain the email addresss(es) that you want to receive the donation. Fill those in. If there are more than one, then please follow the advice in the field header.
- Fill in the rest of the form with the information that you'd like to see when a donation arrives. Please click here if you need help with doing that.
- Save the donation.
- Create and edit a donation page
- Autoresponses and triggered emails
- Merge fields (the donation fields that appear in the message)
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
donate_page_KEYof a donation page that you modified
- A description of what you are seeing or what you are not seeing when you make a test donation
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.