Here's an example story:
- You've got two versions of each petition and targeted action - one in English and one in Spanish
- In the event that someone signs the Spanish-language version, you'd like to update their supporter record to reflect that Spanish is their preferred language (so you can segment your list and send them Spanish emails later on).
If you think that would be helpful for your organization, then please read on!
Here are some steps that can use these steps to install the script into the copied template:
- Edit the template for Spanish-language actions.
- Locate the
- Insert a blank line before the
- Click on this link to view the script:
- Click on the
Rawbutton. That will show just the script.
- Copy the script and close the script window.
- Paste the test into the newly inserted line in the template.
- If your custom field name is not "Language", then change it. There's a line in the script that shows where.
- If the language is not Spanish, then change it. There's a line in the script for that, too.
- Save the template.
Testing is straightforward:
- Select an action where the language needs to be Spanish.
- Assign the new template to the action:
- Save the template and view it.
- The "Language" field should now read "Spanish".
If you have any questions, please gather this information:
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
action_KEYof a page that's assigned the modified template
- A screenshot, if at all possible
Send this information in a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.