When you display a Salsa page, do you see a URL in the browser tab?
Do you see your organization name:?
Do you not see the page title?
If you would like to see the page title, then read on!
By and large, the title on a browser tab for a Salsa page is the URL of the page. The exceptions are when
- there is a
<title>tag in the template
- the page is a targeted actions, or
- the page is a petition..
The solution is to add a script that changes the
<title> tag in a templae based on Salsa page type (action, donation, event, etc.). Here are some steps that you can use to install the script.
- Edit a template. If you have only one template, then edit that.
- Locate the
</body>tag using the browser search tool.
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click on this link to see the script.
- click on the
Rawbutton to see the script in a window by itself.
- Copy the text and close the script window.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
Special note for targeted actions and petitions
There's not a way to tell a blind targeted action from the other actions (targeted actions and petitions), so the script will change the title just like on other pages. Please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if this is a problem, and we'll be glad to help out.
Special note for donation pages
Donation pages do not have a special title field. The title is usually something that you type in the the page header. That means donations pages that you want to have a title in the browser will need some additional work. Here are some steps to do:
- Edit a donation page.
- Figure out what text you'd like to have in the browser tab. For example:
- Click on the Source button. You'll see HTML.
- Use the browser search tool to find the text in the HTML.
- Change the text so that it looks like this:
<span class="donation-title">YOUR TEXT</span>
- For example:
- Save the donation page.
If you have questions, then please gather this information
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYwhere you are working
- A screenshot of the problem (if possible)
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help.