Labels are the fields that tell a supporter/donor what to put into a field.; In this screenshot, the labels are "First Name", "Last Name" and "Organization":
How would you like to change the label for a field? Maybe change "Organization" to "Business or Organization Name"?
Want that? Read on!
The solution is to add a script to your template that changes a field name. The solution needs to be installed in the templates assigned to the pages where you'd like the label change to appear. Please note that this solution does not work for targeted actions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if that's what you need.
Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit a template. Click here if you need help getting started.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click here to see the page where the script lives.
- Locate and click the "Raw" button. A new window will appear that contains just the solution.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Change the values of the
currentFieldLabeland newFieldLabel variables as shown in the pasted text.
- Save the template.
If you would like to change more than one field name, then please send a message to email@example.com and we'll be glad to cook up a solution.
If you have any other questions, please collection this information:
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
- The URL of page that uses the template. You can find the URL in the browser's address bar when you are viewing the page.
- A screenshot of the page, if possible.
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.