Labels are the fields that tell a supporter/donor what to put into a field.; In this screenshot, the labels are "First Name", "Last Name" and "Organization":
How would you like to change the label for a field? Maybe change "Organization" to "Business or Organization Name"?
Want that? Read on!
The solution is to add a script to your template that changes a field name. This solution works for all pages except targeted actions. See the next section for that.
Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit the template used by the pages that need to change. If you have only one template, edit that.
- Use the browser search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line before the
- Copy this text:
- Paste the text into the newly inserted line.
- Change the values of the
currentFieldLabeland newFieldLabel variables as shown in the pasted text.
- Save the template
If you would like to change more than one field name, then please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to cook up a solution.
If you have any other questions, please collection this information:
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
- The URL of page that uses the template. You can find the URL in the browser's address bar when you are viewing the page.
- A screenshot of the page, if possible.
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help