Salsa provides a tool that your supporters can use to look up the legislators that represent their ZIP code. The link to this page can be found in the Dashboard.
Click on that, and you'll see the legislative lookup page.
Supporters can supply a ZIP code and can view the legislators that represent them.
If you'd like to change the ZIP prompt to something else, then read on!
The legislative lookup application uses the default template for your organization. We'll edit that template and add a script to it. Here are some steps that you can use:
- Edit your default template. Click here if you need help getting started.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the
- Insert a blank line just before the
- Click here to see the solution.
- Click on the
- A window will open containing just the solution source. Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in template.
- Customize the title (below)
- Save the petition.
The ZIP prompt on the legislative lookup page consists of two different parts:
Here are the steps that you can use to modify these two parts:
- Edit the default template.
- Locate the newly inserted script from the "Solution" section of this article.
- Look for the variable named
firstPartin the script.
- Replace the text that follows what you'd like to see. Be careful not to disturb the quotation marks.
You'll need your full Zip + 4 to find your legislators.
- Next, look for the variable named
secondPartin the script.
- Replace the text that follows with ou'd like to see. Be careful not to disturb the quotation marks.
Not sure of your Zip + 4?
- Double-check your edits.
- Save the default template
If you have any questions, then please gather this information.
chapter_KEYif you are in a chapter
template_KEYof the modified template
- A screenshot of the legislative lookup page, if possible.
Send this information to email@example.com, and we'll be glad to help