A client recently asked if there were a way to hide the group names in an optional group list and leave only the descriptions. An optional group like this
would have the names removed where there are definitions, and would look like this
If you'd like to have just the descriptions on optional group selectors like this, then please read on!
The solution is to add a script to your template. It goes into the template, and not into the page, because the script uses Salsa's native language, SalsaScript, and SalsaScript must appear in a template. If you'd like this change to affect all of your pages, then simply install it into all of your active templates. If you'd like this script to only be in one template, then click here to learn how to copy templates.
Here are some steps that you can use to install the script in a template:
- Edit a template.
- Use the browser's search tool to locate the </body> tag.
- Insert an empty line just before the </body> tag.
- Click here to see the page where the solution lives.
- When the page appears, click the Raw button. You'll see a new window with just the solution text.
- Copy the contents of the window and close it.
- Return to the template editor.
- Paste the copied text into the newly inserted line in the template.
- Save the template.
If you have any questions, then please gather this information
chapter KEYif you are in a chapter of another organization
template_KEYof the modified template
- The URL of a page that uses the modified template
- A screenshot, if possible
Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be glad to help.