Salsa Engage enables you to create exports of your supporter list by Groups, or in its entirety.
Step 1: Getting Started
To make an export...
- Click on the Supporters tab on the left.
- Click the Manage Exports tab, and you'll be taken to the Exports section. You'll see that you have some options available to you. Once you've built up a few exports, you'll see that you have a search field that will allow you to find the particular export by name. You can quickly navigate through the pages of exports, once you have multiple pages worth of exports to browse.
- Click the + Create an Export. You'll see the Create Export page, where you will be ready to create your first export.
Step 2: Setup
On the Create Export page. You'll find the Name and Description fields under the Setup tab.
These fields give you a quick identification of what you've called the export, and what it accomplishes or contains. Once you're finished, in the lower right-hand corner select either Save or Next: Export Rules which takes you to the Export Criteria page:
Step 3: Export Criteria
You can either Export Everyone or narrow your export with the Export Selected Groups button:
- Select multiple groups to add to your supporter export list by clicking the orange pencil icon.
- The Choose Groups window appears. Click the Select button to select as many groups as you need.
- Click OK when you're done selecting groups.
- Delete groups you no longer wish to have as a filter by clicking the white "X" to the right of the group's name.
Note that whichever criteria you chose for your export, the "Export Record Count" will change the total to match your selection.
Next, you have the option to run the export immediately or to select a date and time when the export will run. Choosing the radio button "Schedule for a later date" brings up a calendar with month and year pulldown menus, as well as selectable days.
Click "Today" if you have selected another date and wish to come back to the current date. Click "Done" when you've completed your selection. You can then choose which time you'd like the export to deploy.
Once you've made your selections, you can either click the cogwheel icon in the lower left-hand corner and delete your export...
or you can select from the following choices in the lower right-hand corner:
- Click Save to save your progress and stay on the current screen.
- Click Back:Setup to go back to the Setup page
- Click the Run Export Now! button to move forward. Note that clicking the Run Export Now! button will also save your progress.
Click Save to save your progress and stay on the current screen. Click Back:Setup to go back to the Setup page or click the Run Export Now! button to move forward. Note that selecting the Run Export Now! button will also save your progress.
Step 4: Export Results
The third section of your export-making process is labeled Export Results. This is where you'll see the list of available exports, their date, the record size, and whether they're scheduled or available for immediate downloading.
You'll notice that the icon for Export Actions changes depending on whether you've scheduled an export, or selected the export to be available immediately:
Salsa exports a Comma Separated Value file, or .csv. Once you've opened it in Excel or the spreadsheet program of your choice, you can then convert the file to another format if you choose. See your spreadsheet program's instructions on how to get your file saved or exported in the format of your choice.