To add an Organization Type record, open a new record as stated above in the Adding an Individual
1. When the new record opens select the Organization option.
2. Select the Salutations... button to configure specific salutations for the constituent. The Salutation Override window will open. If information is entered into these fields, DonorPro’s Smart Informal and Smart Formal salutations and Smart Addressee variables will use the information.
In this window enter salutations as you would like them to appear for this constituent. If these fields are left blank, then the constituent name will appear as it does in the Default areas of the Salutation Override window.
NOTE: The Copy Overrides to Spouse checkbox and Spouse fields are inactive on organization type records.
3. Enter the name of the Organization
4. Select an Organization Type. The Organization Type simply identifies the form of organization it is, Foundation, Corporation, School, etc.
NOTE: The Organization Type field is required. This field is also configurable to your organization’s individual needs. Please refer to the following Custom Fields Configuration secton.
5. Organization screens have an Alias field. This field enables you to enter an organization name
the way you would typically search for the record within your organization. In the example to the
right the Alias field will enable DonorPro to search on Acme and not just on “The.” When searching for an organization, both their Organization Name and Alias fields will be searched for a match.
6. The Tax ID Number field allows you to enter the tax information of the organization.
8. Continue entering information as described above in the Adding an Individual Constituent section.