- In the top menu bar, click in the Search Constituents box and type the name or part of the name of the desired constituent. When searching for a constituent name, there are various formats with which you can search on a constituent name. You can enter the name in any of the following formats: Last Name, First Name or First Name Last Name, Partial Last Name (with or without partial or full first name), Full Last Name, the more information you enter, the more specific your search results are going to be.
- Enter the desired search parameters and then click the Search button or press the Enter key on your keyboard. Enter known search parameters, such as Last Name. If the entire name or spelling is not known, you may use the * as a wildcard. For example, if you are searching for a constituent whose last name begins with Br, then you could type Br* and all of the constituents whose last name begins with the letters Br will be returned.
The Last, Maiden, or Organization Name search field automatically includes constituents whose maiden name matches the search criteria. All maiden names appear in the results as “(nee Maiden Name)”, as displayed in the image below. The First Name search field also searches for matching Nicknames. For instance, a search on “Bob” will return anyone with either a first name or a nickname of “Bob” or “Bobbie.”
When searching for an organization, if you do not know the exact name, you may use the * along with at least one name within the entire organization name. For instance, if you were not certain as to how Burt’s Bike Shop was entered into Salsa CRM, you could type in any name in their full organization name along with the *, for instance *Bike, and any organization with Bike in their full name would return in the results.
- Press the Enter Key on your keyboard. If only one constituent matches the entered information, the constituent explorer window will open to that record. If multiple records may be a match, the Constituent Search dialog box will open.
- Alternately, you may also choose Manage from the menu and then Constituent. The Constituent Search window opens.
- Double click on the preferred constituent record or select the desired constituent (Salsa CRM will highlight) and press the Enter key on your keyboard. The Constituent Explorer window opens to that record. If only one constituent matches the entered information, the constituent explorer window will open directly to that record. If multiple records may be a match, they will be listed in the lower section of the dialog box. Results are returned alphabetically by last name.