The Photo Node within the Constituent Explorer allows you to store a photo with a constituent record. For Employees or Volunteers you can create Photo ID’s, or for VIP’s such as Board Members and large donors, a photo stored with their record is a great way to refresh your memory prior to your next in person meeting.
- Open the employee’s constituent record.
- Select the Photo node. The Photo panel displays.
- Click the Browse button to locate the image on your computer or network drive
- Once you have located and click to select the file, click the Open button
- Enter a brief comment in the Description field (required). If you fail to enter a description, a warning window opens. Click OK to close.
- Click the Upload button.
NOTE: Saving images as black and white or greyscale saves space in your database as well as speeds up retrieval. Color files are larger and therefore take more space and more time to open.
Note: When you scan an image, and save as a JPEG file, set the size of the image to be appropriate for the desired outcome. You do not want to scan an 8 x 11½ image for a 2x2 photo ID. If you have a digital camera image, consider making a copy of the original photo. Use the copied version when you compress the image size and photo editing software may enable you to compress the image (reduce pixels, not crop).
Next Article: Creating a Photo ID