Once you receive the matching gift of a previous donation, enter the payment as you would any new donation.
- As soon as you confirm your search for the paying constituent, a warning pop-up indicates that the constituent has an outstanding installment that should be paid off.
- Click Yes on this pop-up to indicate that you wish to link this payment to the matching installment that was originally created in anticipation of this payment.
- Click No to indicate that this payment does not represent a matching payment. You will then proceed to enter the donation as if it were a standalone donation.
- If you clicked Yes, the Installment Search window appears. In the Installments table at the bottom of the window, you will see all unpaid matching installments previously created.
- Click twice on the installment you wish to pay off, or click once (so the entire row turns yellow) and then click the Select button.
- Returning to the original donation record, the original donor is now considered Soft Credit on this payment donation, and all Fund/Campaign/Appeal values from the original donation appear on this donation.
- The original donation is now a link at the bottom of the donation record, next to the Unlink Installment button.