Funds are where money raised is directed. Each campaign and appeal is tied to either a single or multiple Fund(s).
- To add a new fund, select Mange from the main menu.
- Highlight Finances, and then select Funds.
- The Fund Search screen will be displayed. Click the Add button.
- The New Fund screen will be displayed.
- Enter a Name and Description both should be between at least 3 characters in length. The Fund Name must be no more than 15 characters. The Description must be no more than 50 characters in length.
- If desired, type the monetary Goal of the fund.
- Enter the Start and End Dates.
- The Credit Account Name and Debit Account Name fields are to be used specifically with a Finance Export. These fields align with the chart of accounts you have created in your financial software.
If you will be utilizing Salsa CRM’s Finance Export for Quickbooks, you will want to ensure the Credit Account and Debit Account Name fields contain the names of the corresponding accounts located in your chart of accounts. You must enter the account names with colons between the main account and any sub-accounts. Do not use any spaces between the colons and account names, as this will create a new line item in your financial software.
The example shows the credit account entered in the following format: Donations Income:BuildingAcct.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE: To avoid creating duplicate accounts in your financial software, you will want to be sure these fields match exactly to those in your financial software. Please refer to the Finance Export article, in the File and Edit Menu section for more information.
- If desired, select the Restricted checkbox. NOTE: Selecting the Restricted checkbox will set a flag in your database to indicate if a fund is considered encumbered or unencumbered money. The cash in a restricted fund can only be used for (is restricted to) whatever purposes the fund represents.
- The Do not display this fund on the Donation screen option may be selected once you are done accepting donations for this fund. By selecting this checkbox, the selected fund will no longer appear on the donation screen. This will keep your list of funds, on the donation screen, from growing too long. Only “active” funds will be displayed.
- Select Save. The new fund has been added to the system.