The SYBUNT report enables you to produce a report on donors who may have lapsed, based on a time frame you enter. When running this report you are searching for donors who gave to your organization in some year but unfortunately not in this fiscal year, this calendar year or from a date you specify. As with the LYBUNT report, the SYBUNT report allows you to include or exclude pledges, pledge payments, and matching gift payments. You can also consolidate spouses so that couples are listed together. The spouse is listed in the report in a few different instances: if they made a donation on their own as the sole donor, if they were a co-donor on a donation where their spouse was the main donor, or they were the main donor and their spouse was the co-donor. This report is found under the Reports menu.
- To launch the SYBUNT report, select Reports, Gifts, and then SYBUNT from the menu. The SYBUNT report opens.
- Select the Time Frame for which you would like to view the report. Select This Calendar Year, This Fiscal Year or enter a date in the Since field. Select the Run Report button located in the lower left corner of the screen. You can further customize your report by entering specific donation information into the Received At Least and At Most fields, Pledged At Least and At Most field, and into the Combined At Least and At Most fields. Combined amounts reflect the total of donations and pledges.
- The Title will pre-fill with your Organization's Name. If youwish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title. NOTE: In order to permanently modify the Organization Name, you must be assigned Configuration permission.
- The Sub-Title field defaults to SYBUNT Report. You are able to edit this field.
- There are options on the left side of the report window that you can select to customize your report. If you select any of these options you will need to select the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in options. The options are:
- Include Donations - This option will allow you to use any straight donation dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Pledges - This option will allow you to use any pledge dates and amounts within any calculations. (By default this option is not)
- Include Pledge Payments - This option will allow you to use any actual pledge payment dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Matching Payments - This option will allow you to use the amounts and dates of matching gift payments received within any calculations.
- Include Co-Donors - This option will display the Co-Donor’s name and co-donation as hyperlinks within the report.
- Include Soft Credit Donors - This option will display the Soft Credit Donor’s name and donation to which they are a soft credit as hyperlinks within the report.
- Consolidate Spouses - This option will combine the donation history of spouses within this report if a spousal relationship has been set. This means that if John Smith made a donation at one time on his own and his wife Mary made a donation on her own, Salsa CRM will look at that as a joint donation for the purposes of this report to determine when this couple last donated. NOTE: If you choose to consolidate spouses and one of the two have not made a donation, or a donation within the selected timeframe, Salsa CRM will consolidate their names. The names are configured based on the Addressee formatting on the Configuration>Salutation Preferences tab or, if information has been entered on the Salutations Override window, Salsa CRM will use the Addressee information from that field.
- Group – The Group dropdown field allows you to filter on any group that has been configured in your database.
- Sort On - This option allows you to sort the returned data by Name, Received Amount, Pledged Amount, Combined Amount or Postal Code. This data can then be sorted in an Ascending or Descending manner.
- Additional Filters – When selected, this button will open a pop-up window on which you can select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds and Batches.
- Include Links - This option will display the donor’s name and donation as hyperlinks within the report. This will allow you to select their name or donation and open the corresponding record.
- Use Color - This option applies colored bars on different sections of the report for easy readability.
- Run Report – This button will refresh the data returned in the report. The dropdown field allows you to select the standard Formatted report, a report to be used for a Mail Merge and a report that will return information in the Advanced Query Wizard.
- Formatted Report: The formatted report returns the report in the SYBUNT screen and, if selected, includes links to the constituent records and donation records.
- Mail Merge: When selected, the mail merge report opens Salsa CRM’s word processor. In the word processor you are able to easily create a mailing to the donors returned in your report. Step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard allows you to include variables from the query in your letter.
For more information on running a mail merge, please refer to the Salsa CRM's Built-in Word Processor section.
Advanced Query: When selected, the Advanced Query report opens the report results to Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard. At this step you are able to see the results of your report. Here you can preview, exclude and modify data just as you would when you run a query. By proceeding to Step 4, all options of the Advanced Query Wizard are available to you. You are able to save the results of this query which would enable you to open them in the word processor, print labels, add to a group and perform many other global functions.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: The Advanced Query report option in the Donor Detail Report displays a column showing Deceased Date and a column for Spouse Deceased Date. If a deceased date appears on a donor’s record, it will appear in this column. This screen allows you the opportunity to deselect that constituent row, if you so choose. If you plan on eventually creating a mailing and you have consolidated spouses and a spouse returns with a deceased date, simply edit the appropriate fields that would be used in a mailing. (i.e. Smart Addressee, Smart Formal Salutation, etc) By double-clicking in the field, you are able to edit the data. This allows you to remove the name of the deceased individual from the salutation line.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.