The Solicitation Report allows you to quickly run a report based on the Solicitor/Solicitee Reciprocal Relationship you define in a constituent’s record, when entering a Solicitor to a donation record or when entering a constituent into a Cultivation Phase. This report will instantly show you solicitors’ relationships and the type and amount of donations made from each solicitors’ solicitees.
Prior to running the Solicitation Report you will want to set the Solicitor/Solicitee Reciprocal Relationship between appropriate constituents. NOTE: These relationships are also automatically set when you enter a constituent into a Cultivation Phase or if you enter a Solicitor on a donation record.
- To set the solicitor/solicitee relationship, follow the instructions in the Relations article. Once you have defined Solicitor/Solicitee Reciprocal Relationships within your database you are able to run the Solicitation Report.
- To open the Solicitation Report select Reports > Gifts > Solicitation from the main menu.
- The Solicitation Report window opens.
- The timeframe of the Solicitation Report is based on the gift received date. Select the timeframe by choosing one of the radio buttons and selecting the Go If you would like to specify a different timeframe, you may select the From/To radio button and enter the specific date range for which you are looking.
- The Title field is automatically populated with your company’s name which you entered in Salsa CRM by selecting Manage > Configuration > General tab panel; you may also edit the Title You may add a Subtitle to your report.
- Once you have specified your timeframe and edited the Title and Subtitle as necessary, select the Refresh button to return the Solicitation Report
The Solicitation Report returns a list of all constituents marked as a solicitor, the people who have been designated as their solicitees, their solicitees contact information, the List As name on the donations, the donations the solicitees have made, the type, date and Fund name of the donation. The Donations Sub-total (highlighted in light blue) is the sub-total for each individual solicited.
NOTE: This sub-total includes donations, pledge payments, gifts in kind and matching payments; it does not include original pledges or soft credits.
The solicitees’ names are hyperlinks which allow you to select their name and instantly view their constituent record. The donation amounts of the solicitees are also hyperlinks, allowing you to select the amount of the gift and instantly view that specific donation record.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.