Recent software enhancements are shown in red.
The Finance Summary Report contains information on the value of each Campaign, Appeal, and Fund, as well as gifts that have not been assigned to a Campaign or Appeal (Funds are always required information on any donation record). The report is based on the dates you select. The hyperlinks associated with the Campaigns, Appeals and Funds allow you to click and view the individual’s record or gift. Before you can begin working with Campaigns, Appeals, or Donations, at least one Fund must be defined.
To run the Finance Summary Report...
- From the main menu select Reports > Gifts > Finance Summary. The Finance Summary screen will be displayed.
- Select the timeframe for which you would like to view the report.
- The Title will pre-fill with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title. If you wish to permanently change the Title of all reports, see Configuration.
- Type a Sub-Title for your report. (Optional)
- Include Links is pre-selected. De-select the box if you do not want links to the supporting data. NOTE: Campaign, Appeal or Fund are hyperlinks. To access the supporting screen so that you may view the details included in your report simply click the campaign, appeal or fund name. If you need to see the details of a specific Donation, you can highlight the specific Donation, press Enter and that donation will open. Alternately, you may double click on the specific donation and it will open.
- Select whether to sort by Name, Description, Count or Amount.
- Filter—When selected, this button will open a pop-up window on which you can select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds, Groups and Batches. You can choose to include any combination of those categories, or you can choose to Exclude values in any of those categories.
NOTE: Filtering so that Campaigns, Appeals, or Funds are excluded will not exclude them if you choose to drill-down into the report contents by clicking on a Campaign, Appeal, or Fund in the report results.
- In the Select Items window, choose the items you wish to be included in this report and then select the OK button and select the Refresh button.
- You can then view, save, copy or print the report as necessary.
NOTE: The Finance Summary Report includes all gifts made during the selected time frame. If a pledge donation was made it will be reflected with the inclusion of pledge payments only. The Finance Summary Report will not display the pledges themselves, only those which have payments made towards them.
To include or exclude gifts-in-kind, from the main menu go to Manage and then Configuration. On the General tab you will need to check the Exclude Gift In Kind from Summary Reports if you wish to not include them in the Finance Summary Report or deselect the checkbox if you wish to include them on the report.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.