Recent software enhancements are shown in red.
The Donor Detail Report allows you to generate gift-based reports for your constituent base, based on the date range you specify. This report contains a number of filters to provide you with a flexible, yet self-contained, experience. The report result hyperlinks associated with a constituent’s name and donations allow you to "drill-down" and view the individual’s record or gift. Returned information can be exported to a mail merge or advanced query by selecting a single button.
- From the main menu select Reports.
- Highlight Gifts and then select Donor Detail. The Donor Detail screen will be displayed.
- Select the Time Frame for which you would like to view the report. Select Today, This Week, This Month, This Year, or This Fiscal Year, and your report will be displayed. If you wish to specify a time frame for your report type a From date. Press Tab. Type a To date. Select the Run Report button located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- You may also enter But Not From/To dates. This enables you to pull information based on lapsed donors within the specified time range.
- You can further customize your report by entering specific donation information into the Received At Least and At Most fields, Pledged At Least and At Most field, and into the Combined At Least and At Most fields:
- Received amounts reflect the total of donations and includes any pledge, recurring, or matching installment payments but excludes pledges.
- Pledged amounts reflect Pledge amounts only.
- Combined amounts reflect the total of donations and pledges, excluding any pledge, recurring, or matching installment payments.
- The Title will pre-fill with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title. NOTE: In order to permanently modify the Organization Name, you must be assigned Configuration permission.
- The Sub-Title field defaults to Donor Detail Report. You are able to edit this field.
- There are filtering options on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine who to include or exclude in your report. If you select any of these options you will need to select the Run Report button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in options.
The options are:
- Include Donations—This option will allow you to use any straight donation dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Pledges—This option will allow you to use any pledge dates and amounts within any calculations. (By default this option is not) When you select this option totals are returned for Received, Pledged and Combined amounts. Please see item #10 (below) for these definitions.
- Include Pledge Payments—This option will allow you to use any actual pledge payment dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Matching Payments—This option will allow you to use the amounts and dates of matching gift payments received within any calculations.
- Include Co-Donors—This option will display the Co-Donor’s name and co-donation as hyperlinks within the report.
- Include Soft Credit Donors—This option will display the Soft Credit Donor’s name and donation to which they are a soft credit as hyperlinks within the report.
- Consolidate Spouses—This option will combine the donation history of spouses within this report if a spousal relationship has been set. This means that if John Smith made a donation at one time on his own and his wife Mary made a donation on her own, Salsa CRM will look at that as a joint donation for the purposes of this report to determine when this couple last donated.
NOTE: If you choose to consolidate spouses and one of the two have not made a donation, or a donation within the selected timeframe, Salsa CRM will consolidate their names. The names are configured based on the Addressee formatting on the Configuration>Salutation Preferences tab or, if information has been entered on the Salutations Override window, Salsa CRM will use the Addressee information from that field.
- Exclude Gift In Kind—This option excludes any donations from being calculated that have a Payment Type of Gift In Kind.
- Group—The Group drop-down field allows you to filter on any group that has been configured in your database.
- Sort On—This option allows you to sort the returned data by Name, Received Amount, Pledged Amount, Combined Amount or Postal Code. This data can then be sorted in an Ascending or Descending manner.
- Additional Filters—When selected, this button will open a pop-up window on which you can select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds, Groups and Batches. You can choose to include any combination of those categories, or you can choose to Exclude values in any of those categories.
- Include Links—This option will display the donor’s name and donation as hyperlinks within the report. This will allow you to select their name or donation and open the corresponding record.
- Use Color—This option applies colored bars on different sections of the report for easy readability.
- Save Results for Advanced Queries—This option stores the most recent Donor Detail report results to a table, which can be used in an Advanced Query to extend the capabilities of this Donor Detail report.
- Run Report—This button will refresh the data returned in the report. The drop-down field allows you to select the standard Formatted report, a report to be used for a Mail Merge and a report that will return information in the Advanced Query Wizard.
- Formatted Report—The formatted report returns the report in the Donor Detail screen and, if selected, includes links to the constituent records and donation records.
- Mail Merge—When selected, the mail merge report opens Salsa CRM’s word processor. In the word processor, you are able to easily create a mailing to the donors returned in your report. Step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard allows you to include variables from the query in your letter. For more information on running a mail merge, please refer the Salsa CRM's Built-in Word Processor section.
- Advanced Query—When selected, the Advanced Query report opens the report results to Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard. At this step you are able to see the results of your report. Here you can preview, exclude and modify data just as you would when you run a query. By proceeding to Step 4, all options of the Advanced Query Wizard are available to you. You are able to save the results of this query which would enable you to open them in the word processor, print labels, add to a group and perform many other global functions.
NOTE: The Advanced Query report option in the Donor Detail Report displays a column showing Deceased Date and a column for Spouse Deceased Date. If a deceased date appears on a donor’s record, it will appear in this column. This screen allows you the opportunity to deselect that constituent row, if you so choose. If you plan on eventually creating a mailing and you have consolidated spouses and a spouse returns with a deceased date, simply go back and change the relationship to the deceased spouse on the surviving spouse's record to Deceased Spouse. This would remove that deceased spouse from counting toward consolidated records and their name would not be added to the surviving spouse's name. Then, re-run your report.
- Advance Query by Year—When selected, this will return the donations for each year selected showing a year over year difference.
The results are:
- The Donor Detail Report reflects the Received Amount as the total of donations and installment payments (NOT pledges), the Pledged Amount is the original pledge, the Combined Amount reflects the total amount of original pledges and donations (NOT installment payments).
- To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (HTML or Microsoft Excel Files).
- Click the Save Report button.