The Cumulative Giving Report shows the total amount of donations a donor has made within a specified time range and arranges those donors into those Giving Levels you configured in Salsa CRM.
NOTE: Salsa CRM stores your giving level definitions but does not store which donors are members of any defined levels. These values cannot be queried outside of the Cumulative Giving report.
This report defines a donor as the constituent entered as primary Donor on a gift. Co-donors are not calculated in this report.
List As Names of donations where users optionally select the Anonymous checkbox on the donation are not reported here. All donors are given credit with this report for their donations, if their identities are known. If the donor was completely anonymous, assign those donations to a constituent record whose first and last names are Anonymous.
To open the Cumulative Giving report...
- From the main menu select Reports.
- Highlight Gifts and then select Cumulative Giving. The Cumulative Giving Report screen appears.
Cumulative Giving Filters
This report contains a number of filters to provide you with a flexible, yet self-contained, experience.
Time Frame—The time frame of the Cumulative Giving Report is based on the gift Received Date. Select preset dates or custom date ranges for which you would like to view the report and your report will be displayed:
- This Week
- This Month
- This Year
- This Fiscal Year
- If you wish to specify a time frame for your report...
- type a From date.
- Press Tab.
- Type a To date.
- Click the Go button.
There are filtering options on the left side of the report window that you can select to determine who to include or exclude in your report. If you select any of these options you will need to select the Refresh button on the lower left side of the window to have the report reflect the change in options.
- Title will pre-fill with your Organization's Name. If you wish to change the Title for this report, you may do so by placing your cursor in the Title field and typing a new title.
NOTE: In order to permanently modify the Organization Name, you must be assigned Configuration permission.
- Sub-Title defaults to a blank field when you first open this report. You are able to edit this field.
Under the Title and Subtitle, you may select which options you would like to include or exclude in your report:
- Consolidate Spouses—This option will combine the donation history of spouses within this report if a spousal relationship has been set. This means that if John Smith made a donation at one time on his own and his wife Mary made a donation on her own, Salsa CRM will add those together for the purposes of this report to determine the total giving for the couple.
- Add Soft Credits—This option will add Soft Credit donors when they are credited as soft credit on someone else's donation. The amount of the donation for each soft credit donor will be only their portion credited using Split Amounts. If no split amounts are specified on the donation record, they get credit for 100% of the donation.
- Include Donations—This option will allow you to use any straight donation dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Pledges—This option will allow you to use any pledge dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Pledge Payments—This option will allow you to use any actual pledge payment dates and amounts within any calculations.
- Include Matching Payments—This option will allow you to use the amounts and dates of matching gift payments received within any calculations.
- Show Deceased Constituents—This option ensures that constituents that have a non-blank Deceased Date are included among the report results.
- Filter—When selected, this button will open a pop-up window on which you can select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds, Groups and Batches. You can choose to include any combination of those categories, or you can choose to Exclude values in any of those categories.
Once you have entered configured the report to your needs, select the Refresh button to return the Cumulative Giving Report data. Donors are returned in the corresponding categories that you created in the Giving Level tab under Configuration.
NOTE: If anyone falls outside of the Giving Levels you created, they will be returned in a Salsa CRM configured field, Others.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.