- From the main menu, select Manage.
- Highlight Documents and then select Word Processor.
- The Word Processor screen will be displayed. You can either create, edit or delete an HTML document. To open an existing HTML document, go to File and Open. On the Document search window, click the search button to see ALL of your HTML documents.
- The toolbar in the Word Processor is similar to the one used in Microsoft Office. Other commands available from the Word Processor toolbar.
Other options available from the toolbar are: HTML allows you to program in HTML to create a document that can be viewed as a web page in a browser.
- You may insert an image into your HTML document. Place your cursor in the letter where you would like the image to appear. Go to the Word Processor menu bar, click the Image button. Note: You must format (size, crop, etc.) your image before you insert it into the letter. The Word Processor does not currently support formatting images.
- The Image window appears. To use a file from your computer or network drive, click the Choose File button. Locate and select the image. A preview of the image with the file name displays. Click the Advanced tab to add additional white space around the image. To do this, enter a numeric value in the VSpace and/or HSpace textboxes. The fields are optional, but will improve the text and image appearance in your document. By not adding the spacing, the text will appear against the image. Click OK.
- After inserting the image, click File, Save and in the Enter a Document Description window, type the file name. Click OK to save the changes to your letter.
- In order to merge information from the donations into your HTML document, you will need to use the placeholder/variable names included in the table that can be found in the article, Variable Names for Form Thank You Letter Templates using the Built-In Word Processor. For example, to include the amount of the donation in your document, the template would state:
Note: When using the salutation variables, by default, use the Salutation Override information. For more information on Configurable Salutations, please refer to the Salutations Preferences Configuration or the Constituent Configuration articles.
- When finished, select the Save As button in order to save the document with a new name.
- The Description dialog box opens. Enter a description and click the OK button. NOTE: You can only open HTML files in Salsa CRM’s Word Processor. If you have .txt or .rtf files that you would like to use, please click here.
Have more questions? Submit a request