The Constituent Notes node on the Constituent Explorer menu is an excellent place to store general notes regarding Constituent visits, phone calls, etc. that do not pertain to a specific donation. Notes regarding donations should be added in General Donation Notes section or in the Donation itself. To add notes to a constituent record...
- Open the desired constituent record.
- On the left panel of your screen, under the Explorer, click Notes. The Notes panel is displayed.
- To add notes, click the Add Note button.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Purpose box and choose the appropriate purpose for the Note.
NOTE: Configure the Purpose drop-down with instructions found in the Notes Configuration article.
- You may enter the date and time stamp for the note by clicking the calendar icon or entering the values directly to the fields.
- When the window opens to add a note the Duration timer automatically starts. You may stop the timer by selecting the Stop Timer button and restart with the Start Timer button. This is useful when you are calling a donor/constituent to track your time.
- Type your Note. Constituent Notes can be up to 16,000 characters.
- Click Save.
To edit or delete an existing Note...
- Double-click the desired Note.
- Click the Edit Note or Delete Note button at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Emails sent through Salsa CRM will be saved to the Notes Node of the constituent’s file.
PRO TIP: The notes table may be resorted in either ascending or descending order by column header. Click the column heading to be sorted by clicking once. Clicking again will sort it in the opposite order.