The Constituent Notes node from the Explorer is an excellent place to store general notes regarding Constituent visits, phone calls, etc. that do not pertain to a specific donation. (Notes regarding donations can be added in General Donation History or in the Donation itself).
- Open the desired constituent record.
- On the left panel of your screen, under the Explorer, select Notes. The Notes panel is displayed.
- To add notes, select the Add Note button.
- Select the drop down arrow in the Purpose box and choose the appropriate purpose for the Note. (Configure the Purpose drop-down in the Notes Configuration article).
- You may select the day and time stamp for the note. Additionally, when the window opens to add a note the time automatically starts. You may stop the timer by selecting the Stop Timer button and restart with the Start Timer button. This is useful when you are calling a donor/constituent to track your time.
- Type your Note. Constituent Notes can be up to 16,000 characters.
- Press Save.
- To edit or delete an existing Note, select the desired Note and then choose the Edit Note or Delete Note button at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: Emails sent through Salsa CRM will be saved to the Notes Node of the constituent’s file.
Next Article: General Notes Configuration