The Constituent Merge Utility allows you to merge multiple instances of the same constituent into one record. This may be necessary if a duplicate record had been created for a constituent. Salsa CRM allows users to run the Constituent Merge Utility to quickly and easily combine the multiple records into one.
- From the main menu bar, select Tools > Constituent Merge > Search for Duplicates. The Constituent Merge Utility will open.
- Choose the fields that you suspect to contain duplicate information, by selecting the checkbox next to the suspect field names. For example, if two records contain the same last name, first name, address, and phone number, that would most likely be the same person, and the two records should be combined into one record.
- The textbox field located to the right of the Last or Org Name check box, allows you to filter results based on the first letter of the last name or organization.
- Select the Run Query button. Duplicate records are returned.
- Double-click to select a record, and then select the Edit Selected Candidates button.
- Determine which record has the most correct and complete information.
- Choose either the Merge Left to Right or the Merge Right to Left button.
- The Select Information to be Moved dialog box opens. Choose the fields that you wish to move over by selecting the appropriate checkboxes and then choosing OK.
NOTE: Emails can be moved or left unmoved, as is the case with any Contact data (such as phone numbers and URLs, for example). If you choose to merge Email addresses, Salsa CRM will move the email address and give it primary status. Old emails will be designated as non-primary (and not overwritten). If the record you are merging content into contains an email address and the record you are merging from does not, the email address will not be removed or overwritten.
- The Select Information report opens listing how many records from each field were merged. If the Constituent Title field does not merge. You will need to enter the title manually. Click OK.
- If it is appropriate, now that data has been moved to another record for that constituent, the duplicate record can and should be deleted. In the lower section of the screen, click and drag the scroll bar down in the constituent record that can now be deleted.
- Choose the Delete button.
- Choose the OK button to confirm the delete.
- Repeat steps 4-10 for each record taht you wish to merge.
NOTE: If you have the Volunteer/Human Resources module you will need to note when merging constituent records that the General tab on the Employee and Volunteer nodes will overwrite any pre-existing information in the record being merged into.
Salsa CRM User, My Salsa CRM and Patient Services information will be retained in the original record only. Be sure to transfer information manually prior to deleting the old record. Patient Services information will merge into another record if the one being merged into does not contain any existing Patient Services information.