You may change the total pledge amount after the pledge has already been saved.
- Open the desired pledge and select the Details button. Note: The pledge amount cannot be edited on the original pledge screen.
- Edit the Total Pledge Amount.
- If there have been no installments made toward this pledge you may choose the Distribute Unpaid button to have Salsa CRM recalculate the pledge installments based on the new amount.
- If there have already been installments made toward the pledge, click the Distribute Upaid button to evenly distribute the revised pledge amount over the remaining payments. You may also edit one or more of the installments manually by selecting the installment and clicking the Edit button. .
- An Installment Details window opens. Make the appropriate changes and then choose Ok.
- To increase/decrease the number of installments, adjust the value in the #of Installment text box. Then click the Distribute Unpaid button to distribute the amount due over the installments.
- To add an installment, choose the Add button from the Pledge Details window.
- An Installment Details window opens. Select the Calendar icon, choose the drop down arrows to select the Month and Year. Click to select the desired day. Click OK.
- Enter the Amount Due and then select the OK button.
- Select the OK button in the lower right corner of the Pledge Details window.
- Select the Save button in the donation screen and then select the Close button in the upper right corner of the donation window.
- If the pledge amount and the scheduled installments are not equal the Amount Due will reflect the difference.
- If you click OK to close the pledge, Salsa CRM will respond with a warning pop-up advising to correct the pledge so that the pledge and the installments are in balance. Before you can complete the transaction, the error must be corrected in the Pledge Details screen.
Next Article: Unlinking a Payment from a Pledge