A Batch enables you to group your electronic work much like you would your paper work. Entering all donations received in a single day into a specific Batch is an easy way to organize your work and allows you to ensure that each batch matches daily deposits eliminating the need to hunt through paperwork to find which donations were included in a deposit. While each organization is different, a typical batch would be the day’s donations received via mail.
- To add a batch, select Manage from the main menu and then Batches. The Batch Search screen will be displayed.
- Click Add.
- The Batch screen will open. Type a Name for the Batch or select the Suggest button. A default name will be inserted. A name can be anything you like, however, Salsa Labs recommends using the date for the batch name. This will help you sort your batches in date order when you run reports.
- Press Tab.
- Type a Description for your Batch.
- Select the Batch Type of Donation and leave the Batch Status as Open.
- Select Save. Use the Cancel button to cancel out any editing changes.