Before proceeding through the Credit Card Donation sections, ensure that you have a Salsa Merchant Services account (e-check processing is an optional condition) and that your database is set up for credit card processing. For step-by-step instructions, review Configuration: Credit Card Payment Processing.
- To enter a donation, select the Add Donation button from the toolbar. The New Donation screen opens.
- Start entering the donation as you would any other donation. Enter a Batch, Donor, Co-Donor (if needed), the Amount and Received Date of the donation and select the Fund. For more information on the basics of entering a donation, please refer to the Donations section.
- Select the drop down arrow in the Payment drop down box and select Credit Card.
- In the Credit Card drop-down, select a saved credit card, or if you are adding a new card, select Use/Swipe new Card...
- Click the Charge button
- If you selected the Use/Swipe new Card... option, the Process Card/eCheck window will appear.
- Select between entering a credit card or e-check donation.
- Enter the credit card account information, the security code and the expiration month and year.
- For e-checks, enter the checking account number and routing number, the date through which this authorization is valid.
- If the constituent would like the card or checking account saved to their account, click to add a checkmark next to Store Card for Constituent.
- The Address and Postal Code are populated for you based on the donor’s record in Salsa CRM. If the billing address is different than what is saved in the constituent's record, click the Billing Address button to modify. NOTE: Donors need to have a valid address on their record in order for you to be able to process their credit card donations. If a constituent does not have an address entered on their record, you will be prompted for a valid address.
- There is no amount field on this page as the card is being charged according to the donation amount entered in Salsa CRM.
- Choose the Charge Card button. the Process Card/eCheck window appears with the authorization or decline information. Click the Back to Donation window to close.
- Finish entering the donation information (campaign, fund, appeal, soft donor, etc.).
- Click Save.
For more information on entering donations, click here.