Once you have defined Processes and Phases, you can start adding Constituents to each Process. Salsa CRM provides a number of ways to track where constituents are in a process. There are four ways in which you can access the Cultivation screen:
- Salsa CRM Main Menu: Access the Cultivation screen by selecting Manage > Cultivation > Cultivate from the main menu.
- My Dashboard: Click the constituent's name listed in the Constituent To Do List widget to open the constituent's cultivation page.
- Constituent Record: The Cultivation Process can be accessed by selecting the Cultivate button located in the bottom left corner of the main constituent page. By selecting this button, the Add to Cultivation window appears and you can instantly start adding the constituent to a Cultivation process.
- Constituent Explorer: The Cultivation Process can be accessed by opening the record of a person you wish to add to the Cultivation process and then selecting Cultivation from the Constituent Explorer. This will open the Cultivation window where you can immediately start adding the selected constituent to a Cultivation process.
- Access the Cultivation screen in one of the four ways listed above. The Cultivation screen opens.
- Select the Process to which you would like to add a constituent. When you select the Process you will see the Phases defined for this Process automatically populate the Phase Filter field.
- Select the Add button and the Add Constituent Phases window opens.
- The Constituent is the person you want to “cultivate”; meaning you wish to track the interactions (phases) with him/her through to your goal. Search for a constituent by typing the corresponding name in the Constituent Field or select the Constituent button.
- The Responsible Person, by default, is the user currently logged in to Salsa CRM. You may add others to the list of Responsible Constituents by selecting the Add button, the Add Responsible Constituents window appears. Search for the constituent and choose if he/she is to be assigned as a solicitor.
- When selecting the Responsible Person(s) you may want to select the Solicitor checkbox. NOTE: Selecting the Solicitor checkbox will automatically create a relationship of Solicitor/Solicitee between the responsible person selected as the Solicitor and the constituent being “cultivated”.
- Continue adding information to this Constituent Phase by selecting the Process, Phase, Status and Status Reason of this Phase. NOTE: The Process Complete checkbox should only be selected when the entire Process, not the Phase, has been completed.
- The Start Date is automatically populated with today’s date; this will occur every time the phase is changed. NOTE: When you change a phase, the phase you are changing from is stored in the Phase History tab.
- The Target End Date will automatically populate according to how you configured this phase. (Start Date PLUS the number of days/weeks/months/years you specified.)
- Enter the Target Amount, the amount of money you anticipate receiving at the end of this Process, if applicable to the Process.
- Actual End Date only enables when the Process Complete checkbox is checked and will automatically populate with today’s date. This should only be used in conjunction with the last Phase of the Process.
- Once the Process is complete you will enter the Actual Amount of money received in the Actual Amount field.
- Once you have added all of the information, select Save and you will be returned to the main Cultivation screen.
- After adding multiple Constituent Phases, the main Cultivation screen will show a list of all Constituent Phases added in Salsa CRM. To filter on these Constituent Phases, simply select a Filter (or multiple filters) on Process, Phase or Status and then select Refresh, view Complete, Incomplete or Both types of Constituent Phases. NOTE: The Complete, Incomplete and Both radio buttons are associated with the Process. The Process Complete button on the Add Constituent Phases window is selected only when the last phase of a process has been completed.
The Constituent Phase panel of the Cultivation screen lists the various phases showing the Process, Phase, Constituent, Responsible person, Status, if a Process is Complete, the Start Date and Target End Date. The Constituent Phase panel can be sorted on any of the columns shown. On this screen you may also Delete, Add, Copy and Edit Constituent Phases.