The Payment Type Report shows gifts received in a designated timeframe sorted by payment type (Check, Cash, Credit Card, Gift in Kind, Wire Transfer, Payroll Deduction, Stock, Other or Pledge) or fund. To open the Payment Type Report
- Select Reports > Gifts > Payment Type menu.
- The Payment Type Report window opens.
- The Payment Type Report bases the report timeframe on the gift Received Date. Select the timeframe by choosing one of the radio buttons. If you would like to specify a timeframe, click the From/To radio button and enter the specific date range for which you are looking.
- Click Go to generate your report.
- The Title field is automatically populated with the organization name as entered in the General Configuration screen; you may also edit the Title You may add a Subtitle to your report.
- Select the Filter button to select from Campaigns, Appeals, Funds, Groups and Batches. You can choose to include any combination of those categories, or you can choose to Exclude values in any of those categories.
- Click the Refresh button to refresh the Payment Type Report.
If you have chosen to group the Payment Type Report by payment type, Salsa CRM will return a list of all gifts, within the designated timeframe, grouped by Salsa CRM’s available payment types (Check, Cash, Credit Card, Gift in Kind, Wire Transfer, Payroll Deduction, Stock, Other or Pledge). This report creates a sub-total for each payment type. This image shows the report grouped by payment type.
If you have chosen to group the Payment Type Report by Fund, Salsa CRM will return a list of all gifts, within a designated timeframe, grouped by the Fund Names you have entered into Salsa CRM. This report creates a sub-total for each Fund Name.
The Payment Type Report returns the following data points in the report:
- Payment Type
- Fund Name
- List As Name
- Donation Amount
- Received Date
- Pledge ID Number
- Check Number and Date, Credit Card Information, Gift in Kind, Description, etc.
Donation Amounts are hyperlinks which, when you click them, open that specific donation record.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.