The Payment Type Report allows you to instantly run a report showing gifts received in a designated timeframe sorted by payment type (Check, Cash, Credit Card, Gift in Kind, Wire Transfer, Payroll Deduction, Stock, Other or Pledge) or fund.
- To open the Payment Type Report select Reports > Gifts > Payment Type from the main menu.
- The Payment Type Report window opens.
- The timeframe of the Payment Type Report is based on the gift received date. Select the timeframe by choosing one of the radio buttons and selecting the Go If you would like to specify a different timeframe, you may select the From/To radio button and enter the specific date range for which you are looking.
- The Title field is automatically populated with your company’s name which you entered in Salsa CRM by selecting Manage > Configuration > General tab panel; you may also edit the Title You may add a Subtitle to your report.
- Once you have specified your timeframe, edited the Title and Subtitle as necessary, chosen to Group By Payment Type or Fund and selected any filters, select the Refresh button to return the Payment Type Report.
If you have chosen to group the Payment Type Report by payment type, Salsa CRM will return a list of all gifts, within a designated timeframe, grouped by Salsa CRM’s available payment types (Check, Cash, Credit Card, Gift in Kind, Wire Transfer, Payroll Deduction, Stock, Other or Pledge). This report creates a sub-total for each payment type. This image shows the report grouped by payment type.
If you have chosen to group the Payment Type Report by Fund, Salsa CRM will return a list of all gifts, within a designated timeframe, grouped by the Fund Names you have entered into Salsa CRM. This report creates a sub-total for each Fund Name. The image below shows the report grouped by Fund.
The Payment Type Report returns the Payment Type, Fund Name, List As Name, Donation Amount, Received Date, Pledge ID Number, Check Number and Date, Credit Card Information, Gift in Kind, Description, etc. You will notice that the Donation Amounts are hyperlinks which, when you select them, will open that specific donation record.
To save the report, enter the file name in the text box at the bottom of the screen, select the file type from the drop-down menu (All Files, HTML, or Microsoft Excel Files. Click the Save Report button.