Salsa CRM gives each user the ability to configure their word processing options for themselves.
NOTE: Configure your word processing options prior to working with the Google Docs editor.
Authorize Google Docs as Editor
To configure your word processing option,
- Select the Tools menu and then select Options.
- Click the Word Processing tab.
- select Open Google Docs in the section labeled When "Manage > Documents > Word Processor" is selected.
- Under the Google Drive/Docs section, authorize the account that your CRM user account will use to edit documents by selecting the Authorize in Google button.
- Select the account which will be used to access with Google Docs.
- Allow salsalabs.org to access your Google Account by selecting the Allow button.
- Once authorized, the Google Account that is linked to your CRM User account will display on this menu.
Your preferred Default Word Processing Font configures the Salsa CRM label printing font only. You will be able to change the font in your Google Docs formatting toolbar separately.
NOTE: The font you select using the Default Word Processing Font will not be used in the Google Docs editor.
Global Change of Word Processors
For CRM system administrators, there is a new global setting to set Google Docs as the word processor of choice for all users at once. This setting locks the word processing option for all users and can only be turned off by this setting as well.
- Select the Manage menu, then select Configuration.
- To the right, there is a setting to Set Google Docs as the default document editor for all CRM users. Check that box.
- Make sure to Save your changes.
Once you have configured the built-in word processor, you are ready to start creating your Donation form letters!