It's always a good idea to create backups. Even in highly reliable systems like Salsa's, having a backup means that you're never left out in the cold if an import or a delete goes bad. Here are some steps that you can use.
- Start the query editor. You can click here to get help doing that.
- Click on the "Select my entire list" button.
- Locate and click the "Advanced export options" link.
- Enter your email address. Click the "Schedule Export" button.
Salsa will retrieve all of your supporters and package them in a ZIP archive. The archive will be sent to the email address(es) that you typed in the previous step.
When the backup is ready to use, you'll get a message that looks like this.
Click on the link to save the ZIP file to disk. The ZIP file has the date and time in it, making it the perfect way to store a backup of your supporters. You may want to copy the saved ZIP file to a cloud-based backup like Dropbox or GoogleDocs or OneDrive so that it can be retrieved later.
Iif you have questions about the export options then please click here to see the full export documentation.
If you have questions about this process, please gather this information.
- Your organization_KEY.
- Your chapter_KEY if you are in a chapter
- When you exported supporters.
- What you expected to happen.
- What actually happened.
Send this information to email@example.com We'll be glad to help.