Many constituents use their banking information instead of a credit/debit card to process a donation. You can use Salsa CRM to process donations using this information.
Note: To enable this option, you must submit an application for eCheck with Salsa Labs. Please contact email@example.com to confirm if you have the e-check option.
- If you are set up to accept eChecks, click the +Gift icon to open the NEW DONATION window.
- Enter all of the donation information (Batch, Donor, Amount, Fund/Campaign/Appeal). Note, the constituent will need to have an address on file.
- Click Payment (at the top-right of the window), and then select Credit Card.
- Click the Charge button (immediately below the Payment type). The PROCESS CARD window will open.
- Click the E-Check option.
- Enter the Routing Number and Account Number from the constituent.
- If the constituent has authorized you to save his or her bank information, click Store Card for Constituent.
- Click Charge E-Check.
- The account will be authorized through merchant services. If it is declined, you will want to log in at http://donorpro.cardconnect.com/ to review the transaction and see why that may not have gone through.