SOCIAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
We've made significant improvements to the social account management and attachment process, including support for Business Manager accounts. Part of this work includes new permissions in our integration with Facebook. Consequently, if you have attached Facebook accounts, you will need to reauthorize them in Salsa Engage. When you click into an affected account, you'll have the option to "Re-authorize" it. Users with access to Facebook accounts that are attached to Salsa Engage should log on to Facebook, then click the Re-authorize button in Salsa Engage. Click here for more information.
You can now provide Event supporters with discount codes that can apply to either a specific ticket type or the transaction total of an entire purchase. For Peer-to-Peer events, discounts applied to an entire purchase also apply to optional add-ons. Click here for more information.
Salsa Engage now enables you to set forms to be pre-populated with name and address information for returning supporters. Click here for more information.
STYLISTIC CONTROL OF P2P LEADERBOARD AND GOAL TRACKING HEADERS
We've also given you greater control over the look and content of the Peer-to-Peer Leaderboard and Goal Tracking headers so you have more freedom to complement your P2P form design.
We're continually enhancing Salsa Engage, and if you are using Cloning to create new Activities and Emails, you're probably missing out on great new features. If you are creating new Activities or Emails, it's best to create them from scratch to ensure that they include the latest and greatest layouts and Elements.
TICKETED EVENTS AND PEER-TO-PEER FUNDRAISING EVENTS
Ticketed Events and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events have an all new registration and checkout process for supporters. The new process is more intuitive and provides a smoother and more visually appealing registration experience. The update is backward compatible, so you shouldn't have to do anything to existing fundraisers or events. This update includes the following:
- The ability to require custom questions.
- The ability to reorder custom questions.
- Fundraising can be optional for any fundraising registration type.
- Supporters can opt to complete their fundraising page setup at a later time.
- Supporters can purchase fundraising registrations for other people without having to reuse an email address.
- The number of required fields for checkout has been reduced for free events.
- There is a new "P2P Fundraiser Login" button element that can be placed anywhere on a P2P event page so people can log in without having to go through the normal workflow.
- There is a new "Public Display Name" field, where supporters can choose how they are represented on the donation ticker.
- Dashboards and exports have been improved for better data management.
New Suggested default layouts for Sign-Ups, Fundraising, Targeted Actions, Legislator Lookup, and Petitions. Click here for more information.
The new Spacer Element enables you to The new Spacer element enables you to realign elements. You can then modify the spacer’s width, height, background color/image, and more.
For forms and emails, we’ve added additional Rows menu options that make it easier and quicker for you to build good-looking pages and emails. Following are the new options:
- Redo header
- Redo footer
- Hero block
- Right image, left text
- Left image, right text
- Two columns image with text
- Three columns image with text
- Four columns image with button
- Two columns, right image with text (activities only)
- Two columns, left image with text (activities only)
Salsa Labs is actively working on disabling TLS 1.0 for Salsa’s Services. In the interest of improving internet security and to employ best practices, TLS 1.0 is being sunset across the web in favor of TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Click here for everything you need to know.
Email Series has been re-engineered to provide you with more flexibility and control.
One of the biggest changes that we've implemented is the ability to add both new and existing supporters to an Email Series. In addition, we now support creating and queuing up a draft of an email in a series before making it live, targeting and excluding recipients with more granularity, and the ability to suppress supporters enrolled in a series from your regular email blasts.
We also changed the way messages in a series are scheduled. While you still define a delay from when a supporter enters a series to receive the first message, subsequent messages will be scheduled at a time relative to each message that follows the first. Don't worry, any series you had already made active will migrate to relative scheduling automatically. For any Email Series that you had not yet published, you'll just need to activate your content and schedule your messages before making the series active.
It's a good idea to take advantage of the new Email Series walkthrough. Go to Email > Email Series, and then click the help ? > Tutorials.
There's a lot that's new, so be sure to click here for more info.
- Supporters can create a P2P Team in the P2P Supporter Portal, if they did not do so at registration. See “Add New Team From the Supporter Portal” here.
- Campaign Managers can overwrite the "Display As" name or flag a donation as Anonymous in the P2P donation ticker on a personal or team fundraising page. Click here for more info.
- P2P activities provides a link in Published Details that skips the main P2P event landing page and goes directly to the ticket selection screen. Click here for more info.
- The autoresponder that notifies individual fundraisers that someone has made a donation to their page now includes the donor’s name and no credit card information.
PASSING PARAMETERS (Advanced User Feature)
- Any Engage form fields can be pre-populated with data from an external link.
- Custom fields and activity custom fields can have customized names.
- Using parameters, CMs can preset donation amounts and recurring options on fundraising forms.
- We have introduced a universal "Salsa Tracking Code" that can be set with sl_tc= and analyzed for page views and conversions. The tracking code also appears in the query builder and export files.
- Any data collected on an Engage form can be passed out to a redirect URL to be consumed by an external website or application.
- CMs can add hidden form fields to their Engage forms that can store URL parameter values.
Click here for more info.
Campaign Managers can query activity custom field data submitted within a specific date range. Click here for more info.
Various performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Click to Call actions enable Salsa Engage campaign managers to connect grassroots supporters to their specific legislators via telephone, while providing them with scripts and talking points relevant to their organization’s agenda, and to record data to identify and interact with their most passionate supporters. The Click To Call User Interface has two parts:
Set-Up Click To Call Caller IDs - enables the user to create the caller ID number that will be displayed on supporters’ phones when they receive the call from the system to initiate the click to call sequence.
Click To Call in Targeted Actions - enables campaign managers to select a caller ID for the action, define a call budget (calling isn’t free), create budget cap alerts, create fall-back messages, and create outgoing messages that supporters will hear when they get the C2C call-back.
Check Salsa's improved P2P template. We've reviewed hundreds of events and pulled together some of the more popular layout elements so that you can more easily drop in content to create a great P2P event. Or, you can use our syndicated content if you want to start with a completely finished event and simply edit the elements you want to change. Click here for info about syndicated content.
The Web Version toggle on the Create Your Email tab enables you to automatically publish a web version of the email, hosted by Salsa Labs, that supporters can see by clicking a link in the email. This is useful if you have images or other elements in your email that may be blocked by email clients. Click here for help.
The new Social Audience tab enables you to push supporters in Salsa Engage to Facebook as a Custom Audience for ad targeting. To use this feature, Engage will first have to be connected to a Facebook Ad account. Click here for help.
NEW SUPPORT FOR ACTIVITY CUSTOM FIELDS
Salsa CRM integrated customers can add activity custom fields to their Engage forms to collect data associated with a specific activity. Unlike supporter custom fields, this data won't be overwritten when a supporter fills out a different form or the same form multiple times. You can query on activity custom fields to use them to create email audiences and export the results in the CSV export of the respective activity. Note: Activity custom fields do not currently feed into the CRM database. Use standard fields or supporter custom fields to collect data that should be stored in the CRM. Click here for info about adding custom fields.
You can now include a BCC email address that supporters will not see. Click here for more info.
The new Social Share element enables supporters to share activities and emails on social. (For Email, the following are shared: title, description, and image options.) The new Social Follow element enables users to include a social “follow” message in their Activities and Emails. Click here for more info.
P2P Has been enhanced as follows: 1) Enables you to change team captain assignments. 2) Provides the option on mobile to view and message team members. 3) Enables you to generate a printable deposit slip for offline donations. Click here for more info.
The "Messaging" activity tab has been renamed "Email".
A new "Social" tab sidebar option has been added and the following is new: 1) Social Posts have moved to the Social tab. 2) Social Accounts have moved from Organization Settings to the Accounts subsection on the Social tab. 3) There is a new Ads tab option that enables you to see and process supporters who have submitted Facebook lead ads. Click here for more info.
Third Party Tracking has been added for Google and Facebook - This enables you to tack their activities performance in Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. Click here for more info.
You can now automatically create a Salsa hosted web version of your email blasts for users who have trouble seeing html emails in their browsers. Click here for more info.
DMARC/SPF validation has been added - This prompts you to ensure that emails sent from a vanity email address in Engage aren’t interpreted as spam by email browsers. Click here for more info.
With this release, you can...
Take donations from supporters with international addresses.
Code your own HTML Email Blast.
Enter and track off-line gifts in the Peer-to-Peer workflow.
Use a shortened registration workflow for events with only a single Fundraiser level.
Track progress graphically with newly improved progress thermometers and the new Event Thermometer.
Remove tax deduction information, as needed, from autoresponders.
Track Email Blasts more effectively using improved statistics.
Get a better understanding of the Peer-to-Peer workflow with revised and expanded documentation: See Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Events.
Take a tour of the Visual Editor using our new walkthrough feature. Click the Help icon at the top of the window, and go to Tutorials.