Generate unique Salsa CRM logins to control access and keep track of data entry work.
Check out the Constituent Search training course in Salsa Scholars.
To add a new CRM user...
- Add an individual Constituent record and Save the record.
- Select the Access Control node in the Constituent Explorer menu on the left.
- Create a User ID. The Suggest button will automatically suggest their first initial and full last name, such as JSmith. If a user already exists with that User ID, a sequential number will be added to the end, such as JSmith2. The User ID can be edited manually if that user ID does not conform with your standard operating procedures. User IDs do not have to be case-sensitive.
- Add User Email, User Phone, and a Password. The secure password must be at least 8 characters and have at least 3 numeric or special characters ( , . / < > ?( ) ! @ # $ % ^ & * ) and should not be shared with anyone. Passwords are not time-limited and may be manually changed per your organization's standard operating procedures. Passwords are case-sensitive when logging in to Salsa CRM.
- Assign a Role. Salsa CRM's Role-based permissions allow for access to functionality based on a user's job needs. Once you set the Role, the Permissions table displays what functionality team members can view or execute.
Save at the bottom right and provide the respective log in name and password to the user.
NOTE: Your organization must have email server settings configured for users to be able to request password help at login.