Add multiple Constituents to the same Group at the same time from an external data source, using the Advanced Query Wizard. This process allows you to use the features in the Advanced Query Wizard Post-Query Options (such as assigning Constituents to a Group) without importing the information into Salsa CRM.
NOTE: the external data source must contain the Import ID or the Constituent Number of everyone in the data set to use this process. The field names must be the same as the Salsa CRM field names.
For example, a draft list of Gala attendees is presented in an Excel spreadsheet to the Executive Director, and the director uses a subjective system to remove Constituents from the list, and you want to retain the final invite list as a Group in Salsa CRM.
Make sure to save your spreadsheet as a Comma Delimited or CSV file type before you begin this process.
- Select the Reports menu from the top tool-bar
- Queries menu.
- Select Advanced Query Wizard. The Advanced Query Wizard window opens into Step 1: Select Query Type.
- Open another data source
- Select Open existing comma-delimited ("CSV") file.
- Select the Choose File button to select the file to use for your update.
- Select the Next button. You are taken to Step 3 of the Advanced Query Wizard, which shows the contents of the CSV file.
- Select the Next button. You are taken to Step 4 of the Advanced Query Wizard, which contains Post-Query Options.
- Select the Global Update button.
- There are two options at this point:
- Assign to Group allows you to assign all selected constituents to a group.
- Remove from Group allows you to remove all selected constituents from a group.
- Other options on this screen are not legitimate for this scenario.
- Select the Group to which you will assign all records or from which you will remove all records
- Select the OK button to exit this screen.