Form Letters in Salsa CRM can be donation thank you letters, Acknowledgement Letters to families of tribute gifts, Silent Auction winner notifications, Receipts for Canadian customers, or Membership welcome letters or renewal notices, for example.
- This article describes the first step, which is to upload a file from Google Drive or upload a file from your local hard drive or network. You can also create a new Document and save into Salsa CRM.
- The second step is to edit the file to ensure compatibility, such as adding CRM data variables to your Document, which get replaced with actual data when the form letter is generated.
- The third step is to make sure Salsa CRM knows that Document is to be a designated as a Form Letter.
NOTE: Due to Google limitations, Salsa cannot use Google Docs' in-app toolbar functionality to load a file, image, or photo from Google Drive.
NOTE: Supported file types for CRM Form Letters are limited to files formatted as Word (.docx) documents, Word 97 (.doc) documents, and rich text format (.rtf) documents.
PRO TIP: Document names as stored in Google Docs and, subsequently, Salsa CRM, are limited to 150 characters or less.
Add Document Directly From Your Network
- Select the Manage > Documents > Word Processor menu.
- A new, blank document will appear in Google Docs. Select the teal-colored button toward the top labeled Other Word Processing Options.
- Select Store a document of any file type that is on my hard drive.
- Use the Select File button to locate and open an existing file on your hard drive or network.
- Select the Save to Database button to store the file in Salsa CRM.
- Enter a description for this Document and select OK.
- When you see the confirmation that the file was saved, select Close to close the Word Processing Options window.
- You are now free to edit that Document.
Add Document Via Google Drive
- Select the Manage menu.
- Select Documents.
- Select Word Processor.
- A new, blank document will appear in Google Docs. Select the teal-colored button toward the top labeled Open From Google Drive.
- Select the file you'd like to add to Salsa CRM.
- A copy of your original document is made and can be edited at that time. Any changes you make will not affect the original document.
- Use Save and Close or Save and Run Mail Merge buttons once you're done to add it to Salsa CRM.